Class of 2027
Please mark your calendars for: New Student & Parent Orientation, Monday, August 28, 10:00-1:00. Here is the breakdown of the day:
– 10:00-10:45: Students meet in advisories for community building, followed by a 15 minute tour of the building.
– 10:00-11:00: Parents meet in IMC for meet and greet and presentation
– 11:00-11:45: Students join parents in the IMC for presentation
– 11:45-1:00: BBQ and Games in C-Wing Parking Lot
– Other: Partner tables will be set up in the IMC; speakers, admin, and teachers will present to parents and students.
NINTH GRADE INSTAGRAM PAGE LINK HERE.
Ms. Jen Reed: Freshman and Sophomore Academies Principal
Dear Bartram Class of 2027 Parents and Guardians:
My name is Jennifer Reed and I am honored to be the assistant principal for the 9th Grade Academy at John Bartram High School. I look forward to getting to know you and your high schooler – the newest members of Bartram’s Class of 2027. Welcome!!
Please frequently check all your devices and mailboxes for information on important events, and most importantly, guidelines to help you and your high schooler with the transition to Bartram. Communications about timelines, access to technology, and important 9th grade events will be coming from the School District of Philadelphia, our Principal, Mr. Brian R. Johnson, and/or myself.
Here is a little bit more about me:
– I was born and raised in Philly;
– I love music and movies;
– I am the first person in my family to go to college;
– I am currently in my last year of a doctoral program at Saint Joseph’s University;
– I am the proud mom of recent twin high school graduates.
Jennifer (Jenn) Reed
9th Grade Academy
John Bartram High School
SPECIALTY CLASS: FRESHMAN SEMINAR
Students practice the note-taking, time management, study habits, and social-emotional awareness they will need across five broad areas to be successful in high school:
Themes: Academics, Community, Social-Emotional, Climate, and College and Career Readiness.
This course is offered to give students experience working with faculty and classmates in a small community where writing, communication and critical thinking skills are key. These skills will be developed, practiced, and improved for high school success and to keep students ON TRACK.
Freshman Seminar will use the Remind.Com app as a password-protected and teacher-monitored social media outlet for freshman students. With teacher permissions, students can post videos, projects, and messages for their classmates, parents and teachers in the Freshman Academy. This will serve as an integral part of Freshman Seminar as students utilize skills learned in Class.